Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Bex Report - WorkBook Filter - characteristic value & hierarchy

Dear all,

I have a complex query with hardcode columns, rows and lots of cell specific definitions (with selections).

This query is to be applied several times in a workbook. Each insertion will have different Profit Center filters and therefore each one will correspond to a “fund”.

My issue is that when using Excel Filter for Profit Centre I can select either Profit Centers OR Profit Center Hierarchy nodes (depends if the profit centre has hierarchy active or not on the properties) but not both at the same time. On my scenario, each fund will be a combination of single profit centers and profit center hierarchy nodes…

The only way to achieve this is by making the profit centre selection (filter) at query level where I can pick both Profit Centers AND Profit Center Hierarchy nodes. In this way I will need to have a query per fund. This will have a huge impact on maintenance because all changes will need to be replicated on 10 queries (10 funds). The usage of Column and Row structures do not solve my issue because I use lots of cell specific definitions. How can I do this?

Additional question: how can I filter inside a filter selection? E.g. I want to get all the P* profit centers included on a specific Profit centre hierarchy node. I don’t want to select each individual P* profit centre because I want my query to pick each new P* created under that hierarchy node. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question