cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrokflow using SELFITEM object with Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a workflow task to send notification to an agent. I am using Business Object as ‘SELFITEM’ and method SendTaskDescription. I have been told to use the customized rule that passes agents to the workflow.

My problem is I have to make this task as a background task and still I need to assign the rule to it? I don’t know how to do it.

Is there any alternative solution?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make use of the default Rule Tab in the respective SendMail Task. Here you can mention your rule. This task is method is background I think so no issues. Nad if you want to pass the agents inside the Wflow you can do proper binding from Wflow->task->Rule and vice versa.

Thanks Martin to update me on this I forgot )))

Anyways you seems to be busy or what you seem to be a once in BlueMoon Folk more Work Pressure:)))))

Folks wish you a Happy Diwali Kali Puja. I am enjoying virtual Diwali through Internet in Brazil:))

I wish I could have been in Kolkata my home town but now I am in Sao Paulo Enjoying the Night Life...)))

Message was edited by:

Arghadip Kar

Message was edited by:

Arghadip Kar

Message was edited by:

Arghadip Kar

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm Arghadip you didn't notice yet that the point system has been removed for the time being? So your 'signature' is a bit out of place now.

Regards,

Martin

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice Joke -:)

Message was edited by: Prabhakar Dharmala

Agardip careful while throwing Bombs, PO will catch you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varsh,

Task based on SELFITEM object's <i>SendTaskDescription</i> method has to be Background step (as it will achieve functionality of send mail step.)

What you can do is, add one more step prior to this mail step and do custom coding in this step which will do the work of determining agents . Collect these agents in workflow container element and then use this populated container element in your step for semding mail .You will have to pass the populated container element to ADDRESSSTRINGS of SendTaskDescription.

Hope that helps.

Regds,

Akshay

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok don't select Background in your task itself. Take Possible Agents as General task and assign Responsible Agents as your RULE & run this in Background Shedule Job.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala