Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help screen before displaying values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Firstfull I want to my purpose completely. I am developing an application with dialog programming. I need to display BNKA table as a search help. I want to get two fields of selected rows; BANKS and BANKL. Then I will display these values to screen. Now, until these operations everything is OK. No problem.

Now, on screen user press and fill F4 <b>only</b> BANKL field, My desire is when user press F4 then I want to display a search help screen, in this screen user can write any pattern for PROVZ, ERDAT, ERNAM, BANKS, etc. Such as user will enter 'XYZ' for PROVZ and 'ABC' for ERNAM and then the selectable values comes with this patterns.

Look through, how can I show a search help screen before displaying values, then the important how can I get the patterns user selected? Currently, my purpose is geting patterns and implementing a select query respect to these patterns and displaying the query results. But how? If you have another solution, I will be gradefull.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When creating a search help (SE11) check the value for <i>Dialog Behavior, Dialog type </i>, choice "Dialog with value restriction" and not "Display values immediately", the "import" parameters will be displayed as select-options.

To get the second parameter updated, insure it is described as a "Export parameter". And if you use a function module like F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUESTdon't forget to link your screen fields to search help parameters in table parameter DYNPFLD_MAPPING.

Regards

0 Kudos

Raymond,

I am already calling F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST function. And BNKA table holds over 10.000 records. When I have give as values to fm, it gives an error. And I can not give whole values. Respect to this problem, I need to elimate the values respect to user selection patterns. I do not create an SE11 search help. Do you want to say, create an SE11 search help and relate this search help with F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST fm? Can you explain more?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

<b>Delimiting the request</b>

Using search help

Create a search help, defining all selection fields as input fields and with dialog type as "Dialog with value restriction" - Attach search help to field (screen painter or MATCHCODE OBJECT on selection screen) or use F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST specifying the search help. You could also use search help H_BANKL.

Using F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST

Create a small report with selection on BNKA, this report could extract data to memory, and when returning you fill the internal table and call the F4 function module. This program could limit to 200 records the data.

eg:

TABLES: bnka.
DATA it_bnka TYPE TABLE OF bnka.
SELECT-OPTIONS so-banks FOR bnka-banks.
SELECT-OPTIONS so-bankl FOR bnka-bankl.
SELECT-OPTIONS so-banka FOR bnka-banka.
SELECT-OPTIONS so-ort01 FOR bnka-ort01.

START-OF-SELECTION.
  SELECT * INTO TABLE it_bnka
  FROM bnka UP TO 200 ROWS
  WHERE banks IN so-banks
    AND bankl IN so-bankl
    AND banka IN so-banka
    AND ort01 IN so-ort01.

END-OF-SELECTION.
  EXPORT it_bnka TO MEMORY ID bnka.
  LEAVE PROGRAM.

<b>Updating other fields on screen</b>

When using F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUES you may fill parameter DYNPFLD_MAPPING to link fields of the internal table to fields of the screen.

When using another FM, you could use FM DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE to update the other field(s) on screen.

<b>using other fields</b>

As your F4 is on BANKL, you could read the value already in BANKS to filter the list of bank to displat, use FM DYNP_VALUES_READ for this.

Regards