cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Unable to find any Adapter Engines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to execute a very simple scenario.

A xml-file is read from a drive by the XI system.

XI reads the values.

Another xml-file containing some parts of this info is written to another location.

I see that the file is read and removed.

However, when I check the monitoring I find follwing error message:

<SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>af.cx1.cernum05\cx1</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>Exception in SLD client: AbapSLDRequestHandler.exe: Unable to find any Adapter Engines</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error when reading the access data (URL, user, password) for the Adapter Engine af.cx1.cernum05\cx1</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Is there some configuration missing?

We are running XI3.0 SP9.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Geert,

My first guess is that something is not configured correctly. Try checking if your adapter engine is registered in the SLD:

In a browser, goto http://host:port/sld. Choose Technical Landscape. Under Technical System Type, select Exchange Infrastructure. You should have an entry like:

"Adapter Engine on cx1.cernum05"

If not, check the settings in Visual Administrator for the SLD Provider service and test the update from here.

Also check your receiver communication channel. Under Adapter Engine, it should say "Integration Server". If it says e.g. af.cx1.cernum05, your SLD has not been updated correctly.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the advice.

I checked the SLD and the entry cx1.cernum.05 is present.

Also the communication channel contains the correct setting "Integration Server".

Any other ideas?

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Hi Geert

I'm afraid I overlooked part of the error message earlier. "Error when reading the access data ... for the Adapter Engine" might indicate that the Integration Engine is unable to get the connection information for the Adapter Engine from the Exchange Profile. Try checking if the Exchange Profile is available. This is perhaps easiest to do from the Runtime Workbench:

Under Component Monitoring, choose display all. Choose Display as tree if it shows as a table. Now under your domain, expand Tools and select Runtime Workbench. One of the self-test results is "Is the exchange profile available?" If it isn't, the details may give some indication of why not.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Also this setting is ok.

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards

Joris

Former Member
0 Kudos

execute transaction SE37 and test the function module SAI_AE_DETAILS_GET. Enter your AE_NAME af.<hostname>.<sysid>

and execute.

Run SLDCHECK and check whether your exchange profile parameter checks are successful. The last one <b>Calling function EXCHANGE_PROFILE_GET_PARAMETER</b>. If these are correct, check your <b>com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.name</b> and <b>com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.pwd</b> are correct.

If these are correct, check whether the user id is locked.

One last thing is, are you using the SLD which is on your XI server or you are pointing to a different to a different SLD ?

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SKM,

The SLDCHECK came out with some errors. Seemed that 2users were locked and that 1 password had been changed.

Problem is solved now.

Thanks!

Answers (0)