cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call actions in wdDoModifyView method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear to all

We are developing an application in webdynpro java composed by five views. The viewset is shows one in the upper and one of the rest four in the lower zone (depending on the option selected at the top) and have this problem:

The application receives parameters, including the option, when not receiving all works correctly, but the problem is when receive the parameters, because the parameters are received from wdDoModifyView (not in wdDoInit method).

My problem resides when I try to call the method that load the lower zone, because I haven't wdEvent, and if pass null not works.

Logically in wdDoInit method not is possible to do this because the parameters even has not received.

Someone any idea how to solve this problem, how to obtain wdEvent or receive the parameters in wdDoInit?

Thanks for advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested this, and only works in wdDoInit(but in this method not have the parameters), in wdModifyView not work!!

Any ideas??

Former Member
0 Kudos

The params are passed from URL (encapsulated in portal), obteined in the InterfaceView, the parameters are type String defined in onPlugDefault of InterfaceView of the application, and passed to view mapping context of InterfaceView with context view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you directly fire the plug instead of firing the event.

wdThis.wdFirePlug<name of the outbound plug>();

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell us the source from where you are getting your parameters. WDDoModifyView() is called just after WDDoInit() method in the life cycle.

If you are getting your parameters from some backend system then you can execute your code for getting the parameters in WDDoInit() itself.

Regards,

Murtuza