cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all, i've done sap hr module course and i'm training in this module. just wanted to know that, do i have to do abap hr for consulting (technical) and if and when i get the job will i be implementing hr modules or will i be doing post implementation(functional). I'm new to this please help me. thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankkitt,

Try for module which you were best.

Regards,

Manoj Shakya

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hai mathur hoep ur doing good

regarding ur query

u have done sap hr course so go as a functional guy and than try to learn abap hr at last u shd have good knowledge in HR.whther it is sap hr or abap HR

thanks

theja,c

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey theja im good, how r u? thanks for the comment

Leane1
Explorer
0 Kudos

If you want to be a functional HR person, then you will not need to do the ABAP course. If you want to focus on technical HR, ie. developing and changing HR programs, developing/change reports - possibly go onto portal, then you will need to do the ABAP course.

What you will do is all depend on where you will work. If you are a consultant, then you could do implementations and support. If you work for an organisation that currently has SAP implemented, then you will probably likely focus on support. Remember doing support work can also mean upgrading to new versions.

Good luck

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey leane, thanks for your comment, just wanted to ask that do i need to be an abap hr for me to become a consultant or i am a consultant in sap hr even if i dont do an abap hr course.

Leane1
Explorer
0 Kudos

If you do the normal configuration courses, then you will be a SAP HR functional consultant (normal HR consultant). You don't need to be an ABAPer to be a functional consultant.

If you want to become a technical HR consultant (or ABAP HR consultant) then the ABAP course (plus experience in ABAP) is a must.

I am a functional consultant. I leave the development changes (ie. abaping) to the HR ABAP consultants - as they are the experienced ones in that field. We work together side by side and complement each other. I have quite a bit of experience and taught myself to read ABAP code which I find comes in handy sometimes. I haven't done the abap course and won't attempt to write my own program.... yet!!

Some consulting companies may want a functional AND technical consultant rolled into one....but I haven't come across one of those yet.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

It depends on the area of Interest..

whether u want to be techno func, or only func/or only tech.....