cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close ITS-Session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I' ve integrated some ITS-Services into a Web Dynpro ABAP Application (via IFrame View-Element), which I call with their absolute URL.

The problem I' m facing is that after opening 3 or 4 applications in sequence, I' m dumping because the server' s not able to allocate further memory - this because of every call opening a new session.

Is there a way to close the ITS-session via URL or ABAP?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

if you send the URL of a currently running ITS session with an additional ~okcode=%2Fnex parameter-value pair you can close the session.

Best regards,

TJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem. The ITS sessions wouldn't close in the backend system.

I used "location.href='`wgateURL()`?~okcode=%2Fnex ';" inside the HTML Model of the ITS to close the session.

Thanks TJ!

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TJ, Jose,

Where do you put this code

location.href='`wgateURL()`?~okcode=%2Fnex

in you HTML? We can attach this to a screen element and when user clicks this field, the session gets closed. But can we do similar thing from Java Script function? This JS function can be called from onUnload Event.

Regards,

Ravikanth

Edited by: Ravikanth Tunuguntla on Jan 27, 2009 4:25 PM

Edited by: Ravikanth Tunuguntla on Jan 27, 2009 4:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you explain this solution a little bit more in detail. may be with an example?

Thx

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

if you send something like `wgateURL()`?~okcode=%2Fnex {using the HTML Business function wgateURL()} from your ITS service to the backend when closing the IView, the current ITS session is closed as well.

However, it is difficult to control the logoff from inside the ITS service. In any case, when the HTML page is unloaded either by a dynpro request or by the closing IView the ITS document gets an unload event. Thus, you can't decide to continue or close the session from inside the ITS service's page.

Are you able to access the IView from your WebDynpro application with Javascript? In that case you can read the <form> action attribute, append the ~okcode=/nex parameter and send it, for instance.

Best regards,

TJ