Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in Caliberation Setting

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Application where I need to plot the charts using <b>Time-Scatter Graph</b> .

I am using <b>2 Y-Axis</b>.

But I am unable to dynamically set the Minimum and Maximum y-axis points through code.

Currently I have set the Minimum and Maximum points for the Y Axis in BG (Business Graphics) Design Time.

Please suggest if we can set the Min & Max values through code as it is very cumbersome to manually set the Min and Max Values for say around 400 odd charts.

We are unable to set the Chart <b>Title</b> too dynamically.

Thanking in advance,

Poojith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried using the setCustomizing() method by creating an object of <b>IWDBusinessGraphics</b>, but the method expects a Parameter of type <b>String</b>. Please let me know the argument that I need to pass.

I need to set 4 values :-

Y1-Axis-minimum value

Y1-Axis-maximum value

Y2-Axis-minimum value

Y2-Axis-maximum value

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why don't you simply let the value axis automatically look for a proper minimum and maximum value? Just set the settings of the value axis back to default: Minimum / maximum calculation to Automatic.

However, you can define customizing settings (like the title) at runtime by creating some customizing XML dynamically. Check the API for setCustomizing.

Regards, Kai

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting the calculation to automatic does not help me as the values will be set automatically and the required scaling is not achieved. Also i have a requirement where around 400 odd charts needs to be plotted with the proper divisions. Presently i am designing views for every chart required, which makes my job quite difficult. Please do let me know if there is any way to set the minimum and maximum points through code so that i can use a single Business Graphics UI Element and generate charts through code.

Thanks and Regards

Poojith M V

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as stated above, use method setCustomizing for defining such dynamic values at runtime. The method expects the chart engines customizing XML.

Use the SAP Chart Designer to create the XML and delete the XML parts that shouldn't be changed at runtime. In your case this would result in e.g.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<SAPChartCustomizing version="1.1">

<Elements>

<ChartAxes>

<ValueAxis id="ValueAxis1">

<Minimum>10</Minimum>

<MinimumCalculation>UserDefined</MinimumCalculation>

<Maximum>20</Maximum>

<MaximumCalculation>UserDefined</MaximumCalculation>

</ValueAxis>

</ChartAxes>

</Elements>