cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with dependencies in SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some problems with the dependencies check in SDM.

Some time ago we have created several custom PAR files for our internal Portal. As it takes some time to upload all these PAR files manually we created EAR files out of these PAR files and bundled them into an SCA file.

As theses EAR files needs to be deployed in a certain order we managed to create specific dependencies between these EAR files.

Up to now everything worked fine.

But now we have a new challenge. Due to a structure change we needed to create new PAR files which change the dependency hierarchy. When we now create EAR files and bundle them to an SCA file we get an error message when trying to upload the files via SDM.

The SDM then throws following error:

For each of the listed SDAs (contained in the selected SCA) SDM has detected an SDA in its repository with identical development component attributes but with a different software type or with a different set of dependencies.

example:

in the past we had two PAR file "appA.par" and "appB.par". "appA.par" depends on "appB.par" and "appB.par" depends on the SAP Portal Runtime PAR file. (So "appB.par" needs to be deployed first).

Now we have three PAR files "appA.par", "appB.par" and "appC.par". "appA.par" does not depend any longer from "appB.par" but from "appC.par". Trying to deploy these files now via SDM throws an error telling that SDM can't upload the SCA file as "appA.par" should depend on "appB.par" and not on "appC.par"...

Is there any way to switch off this dependency check for custom components or to reset or avoid it somehow else.

What I want to avoid is to undeploy all the PAR files deployed so far as the list of PAR files is very big and the SDM undeployment tool is not very handy...

regards

René Jurmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have a good answer to your question (other than undeploy them which you would like to avoid , but what I usually recommend for PAR transport is to have a dummy portal component for each of them (in the portal-app.xml) and create an iview of it in a special folder. Then just transfer all the iviews in a transport package, select include dependencies (<yournamespace_prefix>.*) and you have a standard portal transport package with all your pars.. Beats waiting for the SDM to start up

Dagfinn