cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SMB40 and /SMB11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you please tell me how to get the /SMB40 and /SMB11 packages in to ECC6 ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Kushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has made BestPractices packages to make it easier to implement a new SAP system.

Part of these are sapscripts and smartforms with name /SMB40/ and /SMB11/

I think they are dowloadable form the SAP site I think site http://service.sap.com/installations, but i am not sure.

By the way. In Spring last year there has been made some new BestPractices, including new SAP-scripts en Smartforms ( I also was invited By SAP to work on them). They have some other names.

I your FIRMhas a spare SAP system ask them to install that last BestPractices. It are really good working Smartforms.

All in short: you have to get them from S.A.P.

Gr., Frank

See below

I found this in this forum:

Go to the following SAP Service Marketplace website: http://service.sap.com/installations. Choose Installations and Upgrades -> Entry by Application Group from the navigation bar. Choose SAP Best Practices -> Best Practices for mySAP All-in-One -> Preconfigured Smart Forms -> select the package you require. This path is for ECC 5.0. I know SAP has combined (as of ECC 6.0) these with the country specific BP. You would want to look at the US BP for details.

0 Kudos

Has anyone had any success recreating these programs in an ECC6 system manually, rather then installing as part of Best Practices?

Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I will respond to the forums today as well but we found in the end that we had workarounds for everything except our order confirmation forms. For this we did have to copy the following programs:

INCLUDE /SMB40/TABL.

INCLUDE /SMB40/VALUES.

INCLUDE /SMB40/DATA.

INCLUDE /SMB40/ADR.

We had already copied the /SMB40/RVADOR01 print program to a Z version so it was just a matter of updating our Z version print programs to point to our new Z version includes. In addition, the message handling needed updates as well so we simply used our own message class instead of /smb40/ssfcomposer.

Okay so now the program syntax checks but does it truly work?

Answer, we tested this with every possible data scenario as well as emailing, faxing, printing, print preview, etc and everything works great.

I should mention we did only a technical upgrade at this point and did not go unicode. That could change things.

Good luck with your upgrade!

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushan,

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Does any one aware of this situation ? Can some one help me please ?

Rgds

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to contact SAP. I have found some SAP notes about these objects, but they are not released for the customer, my feeling is they form part of an add-on that is not generally available.

Regards,

Nick

Participant
0 Kudos

You will need to install enhancement pack 3 and then you can install the all-in-one component of SAP best Practices. With the all-in-one component, you get the smartform include programs typically found in namespace /SMB40/ in prior releases. With ERP 2005, they let you download them but they no longer offer the download for ECC 6. SAP missed the boat on this one. I believe they made a drastic mistake and those that have been champions of smartforms now will no longer have the base forms in ECC 6 if your company elects to avoid installation of EP3 and Best Practices all-in-one component. Unfortunately, we completed integration testing, found the include programs /smb40/* missing and now it's so late in the project timeline that we are actually copying them from 4.7 to ECC 6 knowing full well they may not work and we may have to resort to SAPScript. The project manager is under pressure to continue our upgrade and it's hard to justify a redo of all testing in order to install EP3 and baseline best practices just to get the updated smartform programs. Maybe someone from SAP needs a good swift kick for all of the heartache they are causing their customers in this area. I know they are promoting Adobe forms but this is ridiculous in my humble opinion.

Anyone else feel the pain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This package dosent come by default. This is the reason I seek your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Package /SMB40 and /SMB11 doesn’t come with the standard ECC6 installation. In order for us to use Smartforms we need these two packages. We cant even locate a note which explains how to get these 2 packages in to the installed ECC6 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even in 4.7 also there is no package existing with that structure

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

They are SAP defined packages we cant use them. We can just use starting with Z or Y

Regards

Pavan