cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I got one issue relavant to Route Determination. While I am creating Purchase Order, the route is not comming automatically in the item level shipping tabpage.

Route has been determined correctly. I have checked

1)Transportation Zone

2)Departure Zone

3)shipping conditions 4)Transportation Group.

IMG settings were configured correctly. I tried to enter the route manually, but the system is not accepting.

Please have a look on the above request and help me out to resolve the requisition

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Route determination does not work the same in the PO as in the sales order. Please look at OSS note:

Others may also apply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amjad,

Please don't get confused in a Sales Order and a Purchase Order.

A Sales Order is the responisbility of your organization and it depends on your organization to determine whatever is best , economical and fast route. So your organiztion can chose any route to send the Goods to the customer, the customer does not care , the only thing what matters to the customer is whether or not the goods are being delivered on the requested Date.

Similarly, when you raise a PO , you do not have any authority to set or determine the route for the vendor. Its upto the vendor to determine the best route to deliver you the product. The only thing which would matter to you is the Deliver Date.

Hope this Clarifies.

Thanks

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are other notes:

We are experiencing same on our STO orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amjad,

I doubt is route is determined in PO. As far as I know, it's not.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The route determines the means of transport and the legs involved. It influences transportation scheduling.. Therefore, during transportation scheduling, it takes into account how far in advance loading space in the freight car must be reserved.

A route can be determined for every order item. Determining the route in the sales order depends on the following factors:

• Country and departure zone of the shipping point

• Shipping condition from the sales order

For example, it might have been agreed with the customer that the goods are to be delivered as soon as possible.

• Transportation group from the material master record (Sales/Plant Data screen)

You can use the transportation group to group together goods with the same characteristics (for example, bulky goods or goods that must be transported in refrigerated trucks).

• Country and transportation zone of the ship-to party (Control screen in the customer master record)

If the ship-to party is changed in the sales order, the route is determined again for each item.

Using the delivery type, you can control in Customizing whether the transportation scheduling is to be executed once again after a route change has before that please check below you have maintain in customizing

Define Routes and Stages

Path: Spro—Logistics Execution—Transportation—Basic Transportation Function---Routes—Define Routes—Define Routes and Stages.

You have to Maintain Stages for all Routes

Path: Spro—Logistics Execution—Transportation—Basic Transportation Function---Routes—Define Routes—Maintain Stages for all Routes.

Regards

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Route is determined in sales order by combination of

country of departure

departure zone

country of destination

receiving zone

shipping condition

transportation group

weight group(optional)

pls check the above in customising.

also check whether there is new route determination by delivery type and allowed actual routes vs proposed routes.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pasha

Route is determined in the sales order and also in the delivery

To determine Route in the sales order automatically u have todo some configuration settings

Rouite is determined by taking 4 factors into considerations

1.Shipping conditions from the customer master or Sales order

2.Departure zone of the plant

3. destination zone of the ship to paraty

4. Transportation group from the material master

and if u want to determine the route for the delivery u have to take another factor apart from the other 4

that is the delivey group which is called the weight of the material

i think that u have not assigned the Transportaion zone to the custome f the ship to party in the shipping tab

this is the main cause for not determining the route automatically in the order or the delivery document

hope this is useful

reward points