Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user unable to open a link

imran_khan20
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our user is facing the problem.When he is trying to open a link(i.e in detailed navigation) the link is not opening and only show loading status.The link is a folder which contains other pages and iviews pointing to certain systems.he has already cleared the cache and explorer settings are allright.and for me the link is opening properly.Also I assigned the same role to a test user there also the link is opening properly?Had any one experience the same problem earlier?Why he is not able to open the links while I am and the test user is able to open?

Points guaranteed!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Imran,

is the host name configured properly in the user's machine.

if the user is simply using the server IP, I found this problem.

May be you take a look on this thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all: is it affecting an <i>user</i> or a <i>computer</i>?

Start deleting Internet Explorer temporary files (check offline content when you do that) and cookies.

imran_khan20
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steelman,

Thanks for your reply,as far as my knowledge is concerned,If there is some problem in the host name config the user is not at all able to access that website or portal(page cannot be displayed message is shown) ,but here the user is able to access the portal,but for some link he is not able to expand the links and its show just Loading status and never loads.Can you explain what type of similar problem you faced earlier and how you solved it with the example.Please reply soon If problem is solved i will give max points.

*****************Wake up all***********************Points are waiting for u**********

imran_khan20
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

The cookies and temp files are already cleared but still the condition is same,Also Ie settings are proper.That's why we are facing this problem.

Pls try to solve

Thanks

Imran

Answers (0)