cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Determination of Serial Number in SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our Goods are SLNO assigned .It 's hard to assign manually in the sales order or in the outbound delivery.How to do SL NO automatic assignment in Sales order or in Shipping .Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Using the serial number profile, you can use the indicator Serial number usage to determine whether the serial numbers are to be assigned automatically during a serialization procedure. This means that the dialog box for creating serial numbers is no longer displayed.

In this step, you define profiles.

A serial number profile must be assigned to each material that is to be serialized. This assignment is made at plant level in the material master record.

This means that you can assign a separate serial number profile to a material for each plant. However, a material can have a mandatory serial number in one plant but not in others.

In a serial number profile, you define the following:

• Thebusiness operations for which a serialization:

-> Can be performed

-> Must be performed

-> Is performed automatically

-> Is not performed

• Information about whether for a business operation:

-> Serial numbers for which no master record exists in the system can be assigned

-> Serial numbers which already exist in the system must be entered

• Information about whether a stock validation is made for stock-relevant operations and how the system should deal with inconsistencies.

Note that this setting can only deliver meaningful results in combination with the setting of whether an operation <b>requires serial numbers</b>.

• The business operations, for which an equipment master record must or must not be created for each serial number

• The equipment category which the system should propose for the automatic assignment of serial numbers in the case of equipment master records

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want the system to determine automatically for the sales order.It's hard for the user to get in manually by going the technical objects .Is is possible to determine automatically by an userexit ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The serial number is the basic function in the SD which you can find IMG->SD->BF->Serial number.

Once you definde the profile we need here and same can be assigned in the article master. Generally this S.NO. concepets we will use in electronic goods so that it will be easy to track the gaurantee period of the goods based on the S.NO.

Once the profile assigned in the material master during the sales order select the line item for which you need S.NOS and go menu bar and slect insert serial number we can see the serial number at the line item level during the sales order. The same will copy to the delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I coudn't found the user exit .can you please guide me where i can find.Iam in ECC6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Nick,

Regarding the Sl. No. U need to create the Sl.No. profile in SPRO settings & then assign this profile in Material Master in Sales: Genral / Plant View.

Once this setting is done then you can give the Sl.No While creating Delivery Doc, in EXTRAS menu bar u find the Serial No. option where you need to give the serial No. (1st select the material then go for extras).

If i am not wrong, Sl.No will be Given at Delivery Level. Correct me if i am wrong.

With Regards,

Vijayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is only possibly since release 4.7 (via equipment - serial number

synchronisation). However, you can use enhancement IQSM0001 'Automatic

serial number assignment'. Thus you can create numbers according to

your own rules. For more information to the enhancement please see the

documentation in transaction SMOD.

Regards,

Murali