Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Test on Infocube and Transport to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I wanted to do Unit test on a Infocube in the development server,

So what is mean by Unit test on Infocube?

And How to do this Unit Test? give me the steps.

After testing the cube, I want to transport it to the QA server, so how can transport it?

After transpoting to QA, if I want to do few changes on the cube again in the development server then how should i do it and how t transport it again to QA?

Please help me abt this.

Points will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Once you create and activate an InfoCube, try to load data into that cube. If you are extracting from R3 systems or other systems hope you know the procedure, otherwise if you are uploading a flatfile check the ETL procedures. If the loads are successful as per your solution it means that you passed your Unit test.

Transport Procedure: Apply RSA1 transaction and select Transport Connection.

in Transport Connection open the SAP Transport folder you can find Object Types click on that, in next column you will find All objects according to type, in that tree you can find InfoCube open the node of info cube, you will find Select Objects double click on that it will gives the list of cubes, select your cube and press the transfer selections your infocube will be under the collected objects follow Khaja's instruction in the previous message and press the Truck icon next to grouping. it will prompts you to create a request, follow the procedure then your transport request is ready. Release it from Development.

If you want to do some changes to cube you can do it in your development system, while you are activatiing the cube it will prompts you another transport request, create the transport and release it to QA.

Hope it helps,

Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harshal,

Unit testing is nothing but after the infrastructure is ready we will just load some dummy data with selection and check whether the data loading into perfectly into cube or not....... If the load is success then unit test is pass if the load is fail then unit test is fail.....

Coming to the trasport : Go to the RSA1 -> Transport Connection

Here you have to take care of 2 things Grouping and Collection. If u want to transport only cube then select grouping as only necessary objects. If u want to transport the whole data flow then select in data flow before... And collection mode should be automatic....

IF u want to do changes in dev then do the changes and transport the same according to ur requirement...

Khaja