cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM deployment hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running NW2004S ABAP instance on WIndows 2003 x64 and SQL 2005 (x64) and I just added the Java instance for BI reporting. The install went just fine with no errors or surprises.

Now that its been added I was planning on updating all the java components through SDM. I go through the usual routine of putting the mode into standalone and run the SDM GUI. All of the functions run just fine except when I click on deployment to add the packages to be updated the SDM just gives me an hour glass and I have to end task to kill the SDM. I've let it stay that way for a couple of hours just to see if it returns and it doesnt. Restarting it does the same thing.

I updated the SDM from stack that I was intending to go to (support stack 12) but it seems to have made no difference. I checked some notes but they dont really seem to cover the affects I am seeing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Hillyard

SAP Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be due to many reasons..

1. Check your JDK versions and check your system variable accordingly.

2. Increase the heapsize for the SDM at the time of deployment. Kindly refer to following SAP Note Note 879377.How to adjust the Java heap memory used by SDM?

3. 756084 Common met SDM v6.30/6.40/7.0 problem

4.Another major problem could be using multiple netwrok interface cards, refer the note 609603 - Sixth point in the note.

Thanks

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ding ding!

Number 2 was the reason. With your help I also located a couple other notes that helped step me through adjusting the heap size and it no longer hangs.

I appreciate the help!

Mike