Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSIS Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though its not a good practice to create a secondary index on SAP standard table, I had to create it. Now before moving it to production I have few doubts if any one can throw some light on it...

When this index can be transported to Production? Can this index be moved in the middle of the week or this can be moved only on Sundays? Are there certain special consideration for this ? Do you need to bring DBA in this issue due to the size of the table or any other issue that would be a concern to DBA?

Thank you,

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - you must let the DBAs know what is going on. The new index will take up tablespace and must be created in the database. This will take time. You will probably not want to do this while BSIS is being updated (which would mean any time users are on the system).

As a matter of interest, what are the fields of the new index?

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

The fields are BUKRS,HKONT,BUDAT,XOPVW,ZUONR

0 Kudos

Well, BKPF already has an index that includes BUDAT.

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob

you mean to say I should do this way...

select * into table i_bkpf from bkpf where bukrs = tbukrs and budat in tbudat.

sort i_bkpf by bukrs belnr

select * into table i_bsis from bsis for all entris in i_bkpf where belnr = i_bkpf-belnr.

This will bring all the required records from BSIS and will not leave any record ?

What is the relation between BKPF and BSIS then?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Not quite. I meant more like:

SELECT *
  FROM bkpf
  INTO TABLE i_bkpf
  WHERE bukrs = tbukrs
    AND bstat = ' '
    AND budat IN tbudat.

SORT i_bkpf BY bukrs belnr gjahr.

SELECT *
  INTO TABLE i_bseg
  FROM bseg
  for ALL entris IN i_bkpf
  WHERE bukrs = i_bkpf-bukrs
    AND belnr = i_bkpf-belnr
    AND gjahr = i_bkpf-gjahr
    AND hkont IN so-hkont
    AND xopvw = p_xopvw
    AND zuonr IN so-zuonr.

Rob

0 Kudos

But I want all the records from BSIS, whats the relation between then all 3 files?

0 Kudos

BSIS is a secondary index table. It contains fields from BKPF and BSEG and combines records from both for open GL items.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob for your inputs..

0 Kudos

Glad to help - hope it all works out for you.

Rob