Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change modification language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have implemented an OSS-note in which a new parameter was added to a report. Afterwards I had to maintain the selection texts en check the DDIC checkbox. I was prompted for maintaining the languages in original language or logon language (EN). I choose original language, but now the selection text does not appear on the screen (not translated). Translation of the new selection text is not possible.

Does anybody know how I can change the modification language from DE to EN so that I can also maintain the selection text in english.

Thanks for the help,

Bert

9 REPLIES 9

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you system asks for the "maintaining the languages in original language or logon language (EN)". Choose original language.

On the screen of the selection text select Go To > Translation... give source DE and traget EN. Find out your text in DE language and check if system has proposed the text for the EN. If text is not there, put relevent text and save .. come back on the selection text and activate it.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have chosen the original language option, instead of the logon langauge option. When I try to translate it, SAP brings the following message:

" You can only maintain the object in modificationlang. German (DE) in this system ".

Therefore i would like to change the modification language to EN, but I don't know how.

Bert

0 Kudos

Check ... your changes must be saved in the transprot request. Delete the objects under the head "Report Text".

Come to your report text.. try to change it again.. it will ask the same question again... and do it as what you need.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already tried that, but unfortunately I am not prompted again for the language after I have deleted the entry from the change request. Somehow it remembers that I have entered the original language once (entry in table SMODILOG).

Bert

0 Kudos

Changing the LANG area in the SMODILOG table solved my problem.

Thanks alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it myself, deleting the text-elements from the text-pool did the trick

0 Kudos

Hello,

How i do this? I have same problem as you had

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me how to delete which text-elements from which text-pool. Thanks!

0 Kudos

I can't remember, that's really too long ago.