cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions Issue with displaying WPC web page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All (and Eric Heilers!)

I created and published a web page using web page composer. I added the web page to an iView and in turn the iView to a role. I assigned the role to myself and I was successfully able to see the Web Page....all was well.

Next I created a new test user and assigned a bunch of roles to a user group (one of the roles contained the web page iview). The role doesn't render the web page inside of the iView for the test user. I have given the test user Read/Write and also resorted to giving the user Owner permissions in almost everything but still I cannot render the web page!! I have tried permission in Security Zones in page builder (no_safety, and medium_safety), i have tried in, Portal Content Directory and also tried adding the test user full control permission from within the Web Page Composer role at the web site owner level. Still nothing. At best I was able to render the little toolbar which contains 'Edit" and 'RSS Feed' options on the top right, but not the web page itself.

Any helpful hints, suggestions, tips greatly welcome.

Kind regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What type of user is your test user? Is it an anonymous user?

Then i am facing the same problem at the moment:)

All authenticated users have no problem with renderring of web pages.

Regards

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think its an anonymous user. I created the user through UME database and just gave the user the custom roles I had created. Do you think it will help if I give the user the Everyone role?

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it seems when you create a user in the UME database, it automatically assigns the Everyone group from the Built-in groups adapter and also the Authenticated users group from the built-in groups adapter. I tried to search with a * wildcard what roles are assign to these groups but it didn't return any results.

I really need help with this!

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Tony.

I had the same issue until I found SAP Note 1079797.

<a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1079797">https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1079797</a>

At the bottom of the note:

Area: Documentation

In the Web Page Composer documentation, under Carrying Out the Initial Configuration -> Defining Permissions in the Portal Content Studio -> Defining Permissions for Security Zones, it is stated that you should navigate to Security Zones -> com.sap.nw.wpc -> pagebuilder. This path is obsolete. The correct path is Security Zones -> com.sap.nw.wpc -> wpc.

This should do the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. However, after adding the user to the Security Zones -> com.sap.nw.wpc -> wpc, this still did not work. I first tried by adding the group to the security zone with 'read' permission and End-User checked. Then when that didn't work I tried adding the user directly with 'read' and End-User checked, and that didnt work either.

I haven't carried out all the configuration steps in the Carrying Out the Initial Configuration guide as I thought not all of them are necessary, but I did do the permissions step.

Any other suggestions sir?

Regards,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>I haven't carried out all the configuration steps in the Carrying Out the Initial Configuration guide as I thought not all of them are necessary, but I did do the permissions step.</b>

Maybe you should try this? I am at a loss right now to what your problem might be if implementing the SAP Note I referenced did not help.

If all else fails, restart the server???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Eric,

So I'm just going to step thru this with you,

Prerequisites:

URL generator service -> I do not want to make the web pages externally accessible yet.

MIME handler service -> Is active.

Procedure

1) CM Repository Manager (this is optional so I didnt do it)

2) Folder Structure (Check)

3) Global Entry Points (this is optional so I didnt do it)

4) Configuring Entry Points for iViews (this is optional so I didnt do it)

5) I have created iViews to display the Web Pages

6) I have given relevant permission in security zones. (This is also where you advised me to do it for com.sap.nw.wpc -> wpc)

7) Although optional I am using this strategy to create group for roles and iViews created in Step 5 above.

😎 I have assigned the relevant roles and group to users.

9) I have defined permissions in the web content repository.

10) I haven't configured search for web pages

11) I haven't configured localisation for languages and regions.

12) I haven't done any performance optimizing.

Now, from this you can see why I feel like I have done all that is necessary so far.

Any further suggestions?

• Also, is there a way to upload a html page to the Web Pages folder and just publish that instead of using the WPC layout? As I want to keep all the javascript and stylesheet information? *

Kind regards,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony -

From what I can tell, I have done exactly what you have done and skipped the same steps you have skipped.

At this point, maybe open an OSS message. SAP should be able to logon to your system to check your config (after they recommend installing the latest patch).

<b>I wish I could offer more.</b>

Regarding using your own HTML instead of WPC...

if you want to not use the WPC layout, then what about just using a KM document iview instead of a WPC iview? Are you familiar with this? You wouldn't "publish" the page like with WPC. But you could actually use the approval workflow, which seems more full-featured to me atthis point.