cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe events in HCM forms?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are currently implementing HCM Processes and Forms (nope, not the good ol' PCRs that seemed like a walk in the park. haha). Anyways, I have traced through config for the "Transfer" process and documented each and every little step and setting so I can get a complete, overall understanding of how the pieces are all tied together. However, I am not seeing or finding the connection of how you "tell" a form object (like a button) to "fire" a particular function/method (via BAdI for generic services....basic or advanced) on the backend. I can see where for instance a button will fire the "USER_EVENT_CHECK" but I see no correlation to that and the method "GET_FORMATTED_NAME" for instance. Any help in connecting those dots for me? I know we are going to have lots of value helps and defaults and such as well as buttons to do searches of sort (like populating a drop-down once values are entered) so I want to get a full handle on what is actually going on here. Thanks in advance!

Almost forgot....ECC6...ALD 7.1.3129

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhhhh.....I think I have it now. It is not like PCRs where we can put in out own "events" and then change the BAdI to respond to "user command" case clause for our event. MUCH different...

From reading the help.sap.com information for about the 20th time, I think I have it now....We have really only two events....

(1) Initialize - USER_EVENT_INITIALIZE which resets/initializes the entire form

(2) Check - USER_EVENT_CHECK which triggers a round-trip to the backend. The backend then acts accordingly based on the fields of the form that have been entered.

The "check" one makes more sense now because in the HCM Procesess and Forms config (HR Administrative Services), for each form scenario, we are telling it which services are available and which field groups (group of form fields) to use for the service. So, for example, if for the "transfer" process, we enter the field for the manager's user-id and click the button "Derive Data", it sends the entire form fields back. However, in config, we told the service S_USER_NAME to look for the manager's userid field as an input and send back the formatted name to the form. Also, the next function to be called in sequence relies on the manager's username to be filled in, so once that is complete, the backend can also run the service GET_MGRS_POSITIONS which will populate the drop-down on the form.

I think I get it now. 😃 Hope this helps others.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

crickets

???

haha