cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Http->XI->rfc message mapping question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I want to map the 3 fields (type: xsd:string) of xml message to the 3 fields of the table parameter (type: xsd:anyType)of the remote function.

But I can't see the fields of the table parameter just only the name of it, and that is why I can't match 3 fields with this one in the graphical mapping editor.

Can you help how to solve this problem?

I import the metadata of the function modul from the R/3 backend system properly.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerg,

It is indeed a concern that you cannot see the subelements in XI

I have provided some steps to help define where this issue lies

<b>R3 system</b>

In your R3 system please check and confirm that you can drill down to the sub elements

1. Using SE37 display the function BAPI_CUSTOMER_FIND

2. Go to the Tables tab

3. For Parameter name SELOPT_TAB double click on the reference type BAPIKNA110

4. This should display the dictionary structure BAPIKNA110 in SE11 and you should see the following fields

COMP_CODE

TABNAME

FIELDNAME

FIELDVALUE

<b>XI system</b>

If you can drill down to the sub elements in your R3 system, then in your XI system could you please check and confirm that you can drill down to the sub elements of other RFCs that have been imported

Also I am not aware of any settings that suppress expansion of the RFC structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Nice! you are right.

Than, can you tell me one option how can I map my 3 xml fields to this 3 fields of my table parameter of my function modul? I should use java mapping?

Thanks for answering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I got it.

I didn't activate the structure objects (BAPIKNA111,BAPIKNA110), while importing of the RFC. just only the interface. Pffff.

Thanks for helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerg,

I have imported this RFC into XI. When you open it there is the <b>RESULT_TAB</b> and the <b>SELOPT_TAB</b>

Both of these have the subelement named <b>item</b>

Expand item to see the available elements, each of which you can map to

I do not know what your initial three fields represent but lets say that you want to map them to the SELOPT_TAB component

Your XI design will then pass this information via RFC to an R3 system to retrieve Customer data

You could also simulate your mapping and send steps by testing BAPI_CUSTOMER_FIND in your R3 system

Enter your initial three fields and then execute

You will see the results in the table RESULT_TAB

I hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MIke for answering

My only problem that I can't expand my item subelement. I try to duble cklik on it or right click but nothing happends.

How can I expand?

sorry for this question but I really do not know.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gerg,

Is this the standard Function module or custom developed. If it's custom developed can u make sure what all the import parameters it have! Also you can double click on the RFC (which is under Imported Objects) and in the drop down list choose request/response and see the structure. Can u please confirm whether u can able to see the structure?

Thanks,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo!

My FM is the standard bapi_customer_find, so I can't change. I have looked in the Imported objects this module, and there is no structure available also, just one field named item.

the request message type of function modul looks like this in the Integration Repository:

BAPI_CUSTOMER_FIND

MAX_CNT xsd:integer

PL_HOLD xsd:string

RESULT_TAB

item xsd: anytype

SELOPT_TAB

item xsd:anytype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you redesign the table structure in R3 so that its structure reflects the 3 fields that you want to map from XI?

If you cannot change the table structure then can you add these fields as parameters to the remote function? (R3 will then have to take the parameters and assign them into the table structure)

When you reimport the remote function to XI, the mapping will be straight forward

Regards,

Mike