Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the values for the Authorization Object Fields....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the SAP Security and have been working on the Basis sides...I created a new role in PFCG and added a few transactions (ME13) and clicked on the Authorizations tab. In there, the authorization tree is in yellow and red. After providing the Org Values, only the yellow lights remain (apart from the green one ofcourse). Now how do we get the values for the different auth obj fields that are in yellow... say for example

-

Conditions COND

Maintain Condition: Auth. for Use/Appl./Cond.Type/Table V_KOND_VEA

Activity 03 ACTVT

Application KAPPL

Condition table KOTABNR

Condition Type KSCHL

Usage of the condition table KVEWE

-

Here the values for V_KOND_VEA fields e.g. KAPPL, KOTABNR etc are missing.

My question is how do we get these values in regard to the requirement provided by the client...is it the functional guys who provide these values or else how is a security person supposed to know it...

All the help in this regard is sincerely appreciated along with the awarding of points...

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Usually the functional team will provide the values for the open auths, and over time you will get familiar with them and be able to work out likely values based on the business processes and control requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to contact functional people not only for fields having yellow light (open objects), but also for fields that are green. They are green because the values in those fields are coming from su24. The functional people may need to change some of those values or add some more values.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Hey thanks Alex and Catastrophe for the quick response...

I'll be sitting with the functional team and reviewing the roles created.

Thanks for all the help once more

Regards,

Akash.