cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area... what are people's experiences (good/bad)

former_member607794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi -- I'm trying to help a company decide whether to implement business areas (vs. profit centers or separate company codes) to facilitate financial reporting at the plant/site level. Looking for some very high level feedback on business areas... have you found a lot of problems/exceptions that need to be dealt with. The company I am working with needs to have a very simple, easy to maintain solution, since they have a very small staff supporting SAP.

Thanks,

Allison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharma:

1.Business areas are suitable "only" for internal reporting. Whereas data from the profit center accounting can be used for internal and external reporting (Using business areas will in some ways duplicate the data).

2.Moreover if you were to use business areas you will have to maintain it for GL, AR, AP, MM, Assets.

3.Some times you may not be able to assign GL line items to business areas for example, when posting to the reconciliation accounts for payables or receivables, note that assignment of GL account to line items is a re-requisite for generating financial statements. 4.Line items in bank accounts have to be assigned manually.

If you ask me its a lot of work for a small staff. I would go for profit center accounting if If were in your place.

Vj

Assign points if info helps

former_member607794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vj -- thanks for your helpful feedback. I would be happy to assign some points, but don't know how! If you can give me some direction, I will assign some

Allison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharma:

The window in which you see the answers (reply to your post) will have the option of assigning points on the left side of the screen. Click on the stars to assign points: 2 points: Helpful, 6 = Very Helpful, 10 - issue resolved. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

Vj