cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing for NW2004s 7.0 App server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

This is regarding the sizing req's for SAP NW2004s (7.0) app server which is required for the installation of GTS. I am going through the req's for a new implementation of GTS 7.1 for a very small user group ( Less than 10) on AIX with Oracle.

I have been told that the initial estimates for the server HD size cam up to 75 gb each for the DEV and QA and this apparently includes the app+db.

I am not familiar with the quicksizer and someone else arrived at this number. I doubt that 75 gb for an ABAP+JAVA NW 7.0 install would be sufficient to house the db and app and am still reading through documentation to verify this.

Can someone who has gone through the NW app server installations clarify this and let me know if there is a breakup of file sizes for the Orcale and the SAP files for an NW 2004s app server install.

Thanks

Vic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vic

In my system have both of ABAP and JAVA stack and Oracle DB

if you install DB in unicode after finish installation it use 73+ - GB.

and none unicode I don't have any exp.

if you use SGEN all it use 105 GB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirasak

Was this installation done on UNIX ?

Do you have any breakup for the SAP sytem and the Database files (sapdata and teh log files) ?

Does this account for the swap space and how RAM do you have on your system ?

I am working on a Unicode installation too and these info would be helpful.

Thanks

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this installation done on UNIX ?

: nope System that I tell you is windows.

Do you have any breakup for the SAP sytem and the Database files (sapdata and teh log files) ?

: BREAKUP ???? did you mean backup if "backup" is YES.

Does this account for the swap space and how RAM do you have on your system ?

: for RAM I have on my system is 9GB but I can install 3 instance(SID) and DB in one Server

maybe we can share Exp. in how to tuning for best performance next time

Answers (0)