cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL iView vs. SAP Transaction iView and SSO issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After we upgraded our R/3 system from 4.6C to ERP2005, we started seeing issues with accessing the two different type iViews.

After a network password change, the SAP transaction iView will prompt for a password change on the SAP side. ESS users are never in SAP and SSO should still work.

The URL iViews still work and do not prompt for a password change.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Are you still getting that error ? Try deleting the cache and temp internet files and try. SSO has nothing to do with the passwords. It needs only the userid. As long as the userid are in sync, you are through!.

Cheers,

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

For some reason, I am not seeing points and am not able to award any with this question. You are correct in saying that SSO has nothing to do with passwords, but in this case the SAP transaction iView will prompt for a password change after changing your NT LAN password. I guess I will open an OSS on it.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I think you might need to better check the SU01 for that user. They might have the checkbox 'ticked" to change the password at the first login. Try to deactivate and see.

Cheers,

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

I checked SU01, but didn't see the password setting. Both types of iViews are accessing the same ERP system. The one will require a password change and the other will simply work with SSO. I am opening an OSS on this one.

Best Regards,

Rick

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rick,

What it could be is that the way SSO and expired passwords worked changed after 4.6C. There is a parameter called logon/password_change_for_SSO which sets how the system should work if the password has expired when logging on using SSO. In 4.6C it just ignored it and carried on. The default setting in ECC is to ask the user to change the password.

Don't know how it links to the network password - could it be that the expiration time happens to be the same so just happens to be asking for a poassword change at the same time?

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I apologize for a slow response. This looks like it is worth trying. The default is set to 1. Do you know what the new setting should be? I tried 0 thinking that would turn it off, but it says that is an invalid parameter.

Thanks for your help. I am seeing points available now in this message (6 for this reply).

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Paul,

I found note 962145 which shows how to set the value to 0. I have made the changes and will monitor for a while. If the problem is resolved, I will come back to this thread and change your 6 points to 10.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rick

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheers.

I would set it to 0 or even 3 (if the users are only going to logon via the portal).

I know that setting has caught a lot of people out, but once you know about it, you tend to spot it quite quickly.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I marked the question as answered and gave the 10 points. This seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rick

Answers (0)