cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Dependent Requirements in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Extra dependent requirements are seen for a material in MD04 in a manufacturing plant. There is no demand in any of the DC's for this material.

When i checked with the BOM of this material could see that it is recursive(FYI).This should not be the reason for the extra requirement seen.

The details of the material master are

1) P3 is the MRP type

2)Strategy used is 52

3) Lot to Lot -

lot size

4) There is no safety stok defined

The extra requirement has to be removed frm the system. Please let me know how this can be done.

Vithal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vithal,

If you do not want the component ( which is also a header on the recursive BOM in your case) to be planned, define a BOM explosion type in the customizing with

"PLANNING OFF" indicator and assign this "explosion type" in the Item detail screen of the BOM.

This will work for you.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishna for your response.

In my case the requirement shown in not correct and i dont know from where this requirement has come. There is no pegged requirement data existing for dep requirment shown.I dont find any demand for this material.

Is there a possibility that there was a demand long back and now it is deleted but still the dependent rqruirment shows up in MD04. Is there a possibility to delete the wrong dependent requirment shown. Please let me know.

Thanks

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vithal,

Check the exception column and see if that has any code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With double click on the dep reqmt.... can you navigate to the element where this reqm comes from ??

Or what is the message you get?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I don't get any details when i double click on the dependent requirement. I have an option to display the Planned order which was created to meet the dependent requirement.

Is there a way to clean up the data shown in MD04?? other than VBBE cleanup?

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with std SAP utility prog-

SDRQCR21.

if it is not available in yr client please search for a note with this prog as a search tool to get the note and prog code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vithal,

Is it not quiet natural that when the BOM is recursive, you will have extra requirements to that extent ( depends on the amount of the header you used

in the BOM as component ) ?

Please check the quantities ( Header requirement + Component requirement).

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can check the pegged requirements for the requirement element in MD04 it self.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your responses.

This is a FERT material and not used in any other BOM's.This is a recursive BOM.

I have checked the pegged requirements in the MD04, it says <b>No pegged requirments exist.</b>.

Let me know if i have to check anything else.

Thanks

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the materials are used in other BOM's through material where used list(CS15) if yes than check the demands for those header materials.

If you have done the above check let me know if you are using any legacy system for demand management.

Prakash