cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI - XI - IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI Experts,

I know that there were lot of blogs about edi scenarios in XI but I'm still a bit confused and I appreciate any help.

I need to configure scenario where we receive EDI message VDA 4905 format through ISDN using OFTP protocol.

As I understand it correctly there is no standard functionality in XI to perform this configuration so I have to use third party products, am I right?

What will I need?

1. Technical adapter like SEEBURGER? (but what about conversion then?)

2. Conversion agent? (but what about communication via OFTP then? another third party adapter?)

3. Business adapter for automotive industry from SEEBURGER? (with conversion but how it is with data types, does SEEBURGER provide library of standards in form of XSD? Does anyone has any experience using this adapter? And if specification change how it is with upgrading?)

Does exist any documentation about SEEBURGER adapters? What it can do and so on? And where can I find information about licence fees? Should I contact SEEBURGER directly or is there any direct link? Because I coudln't find any.

My last question is about OFTP and security, is the data using OFTP encrypted or not?

This is my first EDI scenario so maybe I've missed some critical issue to configure this or I've something misunderstood so if you'll give me some hints I'll very appreciate it and will give you reward points.

Regards,

Pavol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chiraq,

Thanks for your reply. But if I will use stylusstudio or conversion agent for conversion I will need to resolve the OFTP communication anyway and I will need some third party adapter for this. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Pavol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeburger has the OFTP AS2 adapter which fullfill ur requirements.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Rward points if it is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanks for your reply but I read it already few times on the forums. At least I've ensured myself about possibilities.

Regards,

Pavol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SEEBURGER Business Integration Converter (BIC) is an any-to-any format converter, used to translate EDI data and legacy data formats into XML and vice versa. It can also be used for complex, high performance XML-to-XML mappings or to interface to existing JDBC data sources.

Supported EDI formats include:

• ANSI

• EDIFACT

• INHOUSE

• IDOC

• XML Schema

• XML DTD

• CSV

• Delimited Data

• positional data

• SWIFT

• EANCOM

and many more.

See for converting the EDI XML to EDI and XML-EDI you need to have a seeburger mapping program at the adapter module which does the conversion. For this module you need a BIC tool of seeburger which provides the different module program for EDI to XML and XML-EDI. This program needs to be deployed on XI and through adapter it has to be called for conversion.

Here is the link for your reference:

/people/ricardoandres.maienza/blog/2007/04/06/edifact-to-xml--stylus-studio-solution

http://www.stylusstudio.com/edi/EDIFACT_translate.html

The steps to convert EDI to XML / XSD can be found at the following link:

http://www.stylusstudio.com/edifact_to_xml.html

Stylus studio download link: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html

Using the Conversion agent

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield

/people/paul.medaille/blog/2005/11/18/conversion-agent-a-free-lunch

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/03/14/integrate-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield-with-sap-xi

/people/paul.medaille/blog/2005/11/17/more-on-the-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil