cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date selection in query : logic needed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have one calendar day depending on which the query result is displayed!

Now the requirement is such that when user enters one date the query has to generate the result for the multiple date ranges including the one which he has entered.

example: if user has entered 15/9/2007 then query should not only display the result of the date 15/9/2007 but also the results of -5 to +2 ( means 10/9,11/9,12/9,13/9 and 14/9 plus 16/9 and 17/9 )

simlarly other ranges like -8 to + 7 and so on

How to define this in query?

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Create multiple restricted keyfigures and use user entered variable and offsets(+/-) to restrict according to you requirement.

For example : -5 to +2 : Restrict Values with From date : User entered date - 5(offset) to, To date : user entered date + 2(offset).

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

how are these date ranges defined is there a rule or are they just different for each day?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

we have delivery performance measured using these date ranges!

if the delivery date is -5 to +2 of the promised date , it is considered as on time delivery!

and we also want to know how late ( if it is late delivery ) and how early ( if it is ealy delivery) !

for these informations also we need to define the date ranges around promised date.

prmoblem is even complicated now as the promised date is characteristic and not key figure

is there any work arond for this?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

so what does this mean?

"similarly other ranges like -8 to + 7 and so on"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I need to make a graph conveying the information of the deliveries by comparing the goods issue date and promised date !

report also requires how many deliveries were on time, how many were late and how many were early!

for this requirement, i had thought of making a date selection field which is promised date and make furthur more date ranges selections by query it self so that late deliveries and early deliveries also covered in these date ranges.

-5 to + 2 is that one range which is on time delivery range

if the delivery is more eally than the -5 days then it is early delivery. even in ealry delivery i want to make how early it is.

and suppose the delivery has crossed the promised date 2 days more then it is late delivery.

all has to be acheived by single date selection and there after the logic which takes care of all the date ranges i had explained.

i am looking for that logic which i am not finding

Hope this is clear now

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I"m sorry but I cannot understand your problem at all.

Please try to explain exactly what you need

1) what should the user enter on the selection screen

2) what characteristics should be displayed

3) what key figures should be displayed

4) how should the key figures be calculated (logic is OK)