cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SICF or SE80?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created various new services for ESS in SICF such as payslips, personal data etc. These appear to work ok. I have read on several blogs that state I should set these new services up in SE80 under Internet Service. Does it matter where I set these services up? e.g. I could set the service up in either SE80 or SICF witht the same effect?

Thanks,

Nick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SICF you can create internet services like PZ12, PZ13 etc... You need to define the parameters of Internet Services in SICF mode. Refer this link for more information on Creating and Configuring an SICF Service.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/33a83e370cc414e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

To create an Internet service with the relevant templates, proceed as follows:

1. In transaction SE80, select the package in which you want to create the Internet service.

2. In the tree structure of the package, select the ITS Services entry, and choose Create from the context menu.

If you have newly created a package, choose Create More Internet Service.

The screen for creating an Internet service appears.

3. Enter a service name and a transaction that is to be linked to the service. Leave the ITS Mixed Mode option unselected and save your entries.

A Theme 99 folder is created for the service at the same time as the service.

4. In transaction SE80, switch to your ABAP application and select all of the screens for which you want to create a template, and choose Create Template from the context menu (if necessary, through More Functions).

5. Enter the name of the previously created service and a theme (such as 99) and selection Mobile Devices as the generation style.

6. Confirm by choosing Save.

You have now generated an ITS template for every selected screen.

7. In transaction SE80, switch back to your Internet service.

8. Select the service and choose Publish ® Entire Service from the context menu.

9. Ensure that you publish to the INTERNAL site.

A message in the status line shows whether the publishing to the INTERNAL site was successful.

Regards,

Padman

former_member689397
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SICF, you have to create a service in SICF which you have created in SE80.

And one morehting, you have to publish the those service to ITS using report w3_publish_services.

Thnx

Suriya