cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting PIR consumption based on custom Order Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have implemented BADI MD_PIR_FLEX_CONS in our system ( Version 4.7 )so that we can restrict the consumption of Order Reservations.

For this we have added code as per OSS Notes# 608760 and 127370 for the BADI Interface.

We have included MRP Element "AR" so that consumption can happen for the order reservations.

The BADI is restricting consumption of PIR now for the order reservations, but now we want to restrict the Consumption of independent requirement only against reservation generated by customized Order type ( Say ZXXX ).

Does this functionality exist for this BADI? If yes,then how can we implement this?

Regards,

Debasish Sahu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Thanks for your response.

The Def. Documentation does not describe how the process is carried out.

The documentation is as follows:

********************************************************************************************

Application component: PP-MRP, PP-MP-DEM, PP-MP-LTP

Function group: M60A, M61X

You can use Business Add-In (BAdI) MD_PIR_FLEX_CONS to make the consumption and reduction processes for planned independent requirements more flexible.

In the SAP R/3 standard system there were previously four possibilities for consumption and reduction of planned independent requirements (planned independent requirements consumption indicator):

SPACE no consumption

'1' Consumption with customer requirements (planned independent requirements)

'2' Consumption with dependent requirements, dependent and manual reservations, release order requirements from stock transfers (dependent requirements)

'3' Consumption with planned independent requirements and dependent requirements

You can use Business Add-In MD_PIR_FLEX_CONS to realize consumption processes in which there are controls to define for each MRP element whether consumption or reduction should occur.

This Business Add-In replaces modification note 127370 in release 4.70.

&PRECONDITIONS&

&STANDARD_SETUP&

o The Business Add-In is not active in the standard system.

o The system cannot be used multiple times.

&ACTIVITY&

INCLUDE MD03_BADI_MRP OBJECT DOKU ID TX LANGUAGE EN

INCLUDE MD03_BADI_IMPLEMENT OBJECT DOKU ID TX LANGUAGE EN

&EXAMPLE&

In the sample-coding, planned independent requirements with consumption indicator '4' (see method documentation) are consumed against all of the consumable SD document types (sales orders, SD scheduling agreement schedule lines, deliveries) and release order requirements from stock transfer purchase procurement proposals (purchase orders, purchase requisitions, scheduling agreement schedule lines, planned orders).

&ADDITIONAL_HINTS&

<DS:IO.IF_EX_MD_PIR_FLEX_CONS CHECK_PIR_CONS_REDUC> Documentation on BAdI method CHECK_PIR_CONS_REDUC

*************************************************************************************

There is no details on the manner in which we implement this functionality.

Please let me know if this is of some help.

Thanks,

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you concentrate on the below part ;;;

"In the sample-coding, planned independent requirements with consumption indicator '4' (see method documentation) are consumed against all of the consumable SD document types (sales orders, SD scheduling agreement schedule lines, deliveries) and release order requirements from stock transfer purchase procurement proposals (purchase orders, purchase requisitions, scheduling agreement schedule lines, planned orders).

the first line ,check in the coding where something like PIR and consumption indicator 4 ,restrict that code to check for only ur SD doc.type linked to ur custom order type instead of all SD doc.type.

Or u have to bring the values inside the loop (BADI) put some validating conditions .

or also take a look into the BADI which is mentioned in the document i.e : CHECK_PIR_CONS_REDUC.

This is what i can think from just with the hints provided by u.

i appreciate ur efforts...

prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To check the functionality of BADI follow the below procedure ;

Go to SE19 --- Give the implimentation name of BADI like ( ZMD_PIR_FLEX_CONS ) or whatever the name mentioned during the implimentation.

Click on --- Display

Click on --- Def.Documantation.

Here u can get the information like uses,hints and tricks about the particular BADI.

If you have done and under stood this then that should give you solution or just send it across.

Since i have not implimented i am unable to find the same.

If u can send the displayed text i can help you further.

Prakash