cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time-dependent Nav-attr type CHAR in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I detected the following problem: my cube has a characteristic (Colective Partner nr.) which has master data and navigation attributes, namely the one called Colective Partner nr._Name (CHAR 50). The characteristic is most times empty, only some lines have this information. When a query is made in the cube, if I don't include the attribute Colective Partner nr._Name I get 100% of the lines in the cube. When I had the attribute Colective Partner nr._Name to the query I get only 15% of the lines, only the ones which have information in this field.

I was expecting to see all the lines, of course 15% would show the Name filled and the rest would have it blank. Why doesn't this work? Am I missing something, or is it "the way it works"?

Thanks in advance.

Davide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well I am not quite sure if I understood your issue correctly, but isn't it possible, that you see all missing records summarized under the unassigned ..._name?

Check it out and let us know.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately not, there is no line for the unassigned values. I am making tests in the infocube content browser, using only the checkbox "show nr. occurences" filled, all the other options are empty. I make the query with only two characteristics, ('contract nr.' and 'collective partner nr.') and I get 155 records (100%). I add anyone of the navigation attributes of 'collective partner nr.', and the query is reduced to 15 records (only the lines where 'collective partner nr.' has some value).

I made a similar test, but now with another characteristic (usual driver nr.) which also has navigation attributes has master data. The same problem happens: after I join 'usual driver nr._birthdate' (for example) the query gets reduced from 155 to 4 records (there are only 4 lines with 'usual driver nr.' filled).

Any clues?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

Does anyone have an idea why my time-dependent master data only appear when there is non-empty value in the InfoObject? Do I have to create an empty record in the master data table, in order to also see the attributes in the cube?

Former Member