cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASCII to EBCDIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the source legacy system, we have the files in ASCII format. The target application system requires the files to be in the EBCDIC format. The requirement is we need to convert the source files from <b>ASCII to EBCDIC</b> using the SAP-XI. How can I go about the same? Please let me know if there are any documents regarding the same with screen shots. My mail id is : debaprasad.narendra@gmail.com.

Hope to receive a quick response. Reward points to be given to the best answer. Thanks once again.

Regards,

Debaprasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79...

Which adapter do you use for connecting to the target system?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the XI adapter as we are using the ABAP proxy.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you decribe the whole scenario?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is we have a source system which has a file in ASCII format. We are using the ABAP proxy to trasfer the files from the legacy system to the SAP system. The XI should change the incoming file to EBCDIC format as the target system is a host application.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you have:

legacy - XI - ABAP proxy - SAP?

Is the file a plain text file or XML?

Which adapter is used for the sender side?

Does the ABAP proxy transport the file as attachment? What is the main payload in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The actual flow is :

Legacy (file in ASCII) -> XI (transfer to SAP using proxy interface)-> SAP(some processing done here) -> host application(file in EBCDIC format)

The file is a text file.

The adapter used for the sender side is a file adapter.

The main payload is the shipping data coming from different shipping legacy systems to XI with flat files.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the file goes unchanged through XI (no content conversion, no mapping), you can use the TextCodepageConversionBean:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/da2deb47812e98e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

You apply the module to the module chain of the sender file adapter.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conversion agent will help you in doing the conversion.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is another weblog.

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/03/14/integrate-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield-with-sap-xi

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chirag. Isn't there any other method other than using the Conversion Agent. currently my SAP-XI installation is of SP14 only, while the Conversion agent requires SP15 or higher? Please let me know. Thanks.