cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI Server encoding or response XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i send an xml to di server it must have encoding="uft-16".

however, when i get the response it has no encoding specified.

what does it mean?

in which encoding is the response document encoded?

does it have anything to do with the language parameter, or any other settings?

how can i get content in languages such as Japanese?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience, letting your XML parser work with no encoding specified works just fine (the parser should default to UTF-8, try to force it to UTF-8 if possible). However, I have had a few problems with the encoding and parsing using libxml2 (linux):

1. the <env:...> tags throw parse errors (solution: strip them out - I found no use for them as yet)

2. Characters in the range 0x80 .. 0xFF can turn into problem spots. Fortunately, being in the UK, this isn't much of a hassle except for the £ and € symbols - which also I strip out and replace with "GBP" and "EUR" respectively.

I've not had much luck getting PHP/libxml2 to recognize this as a different encoding, although I do suspect it is returned as ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) by the looks of it (the £ symbol comes up as 0xa3 rather than £)

(as for B1WS - given how crappy DIS-2005 is, I hate to think what SAP will unleash on me with B1DS ...)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. (as for B1WS - given how crappy DIS-2005 is, I hate to think what SAP will unleash on me with B1DS ...)

Have a look at B1WS and give us your comments. There is a forum available to collect your feedback. You can download B1WS from SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Here goes:

1. B1WS requires SAP B1 2007A PL11 to work. I have only 2005A PL10.

2. The installer tells me this /halfway/ through the installation, and then it cannot even rollback the installation correctly (this on a WinXP Pro box on which I have DIS running).

(of course, now we are hijacking the original discussion, so I think we should either stop, or take it offline // sap @ hashinclude.com)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. B1WS does require 2007 to work. This is well documented on the pages on SDN. And then very rightfully the installer stops you to install B1WS if you don't have the right version.

Looking forward to your input.

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try B1WS. All the DI Server message handling is done automatically by .NET in this case ....