cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup Milestone Billing for a material group here and although not perfect, it is working Ok for the department concerned i.e. we create a sales order with a header billing plan and change the percentages at billing time according to requirements. These requirements are based upon delivered quantity. The main problem we have is that the invoice does <b>not</b> print the delivered quantity but the order's total quantity for each invoice printed. I have checked copy controls etc for the new order type and item category setup for this and they look fine.

I don't want to update the print program to check for material group etc so what may I have missed in the config of this or is there a way of getting the invoice to print the relevant quantity for each delivery made.

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoices being printed with order line quantity with Item text added to mention delivery qty to match percentage of milestone. not ideal but users manage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I just want to know how in milestone billing you are relating to quantity.If you can explain me this point i can solve your issue.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

R.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the speedy reply.

Actually, the quantity side is the reason I said it was "working Ok" as opposed to "working perfectly"!

Anyway, at order entry/billing plan time, the precise percentages are frequently not known for definite but a set of percentages are entered. These can be updated as the order progresses and delivered then billed accordingly at the appropriate time. The billed monetary amounts are fine but as mentioned the order line quantities are quoted in full on each invoice produced. Ideally, we would like the relevant percentage quantity calculated and shown. At the moment, we are entering Invoice text to indicate to the customer what percentage has been invoiced.

Regards

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify this a bit further..

During the course of these orders we obviously do make deliveries but I guess I wasn't totally clear in specifying that billing <i>isn't</i> totally delivery driven via quantity etc - it is more of a decision made from an action or event happening or being reached that triggers billing.

I have confirmed document flow and pricing to accounts is perfect but I am still trying to get the invoice to print the equivalent percentage quantity used for the pricing at that point. Percentage costing is still being checked as well.

Any further advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.