cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AUTO-ID stress / Performence testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any body know about how to do a stress or performence test from the RFID reader to SAP Auto-ID. What is the purpose of the Java based web tool "SAP AII traffic generator" ? How does it works for testing the tag reading volumes. Any documentation link avilable about the tool ? Is is the product from SAP as part of the AII 2.1.

Regards,

Velu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Velu,

I'm not usre if there is just a misunderstanding of available tools, or they are referring to the HTTP test transaction in AII? Usin transaction /AIN/Http_Test, you can generate a load on the AII system by changing the stress counter. You load your sample XML output file that simulates a read transmission, then you can change the stress counter number to a higher value ( say 500), and its like sending 500 reads to the AII system. Perhaps this will help. Using Load Runner and other tools, you could also exeute repeated transmissions using scripts and middleware simulator programs or your own code by sending the information to AII http port/alias. Feedback welcome.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velu,

>>>What is the purpose of the Java based web tool "SAP AII traffic generator" ?

"SAP provides a powerful tool, the SAP AII Traffic Generator, to help you start testing the core services without first having to cross the integration challenge. The SAP AII Traffic Generator is a Java-based Web application that allows you to test SAP AII functionality without using real RFID devices or even a back-end SAP system. You can also perform stress testing by simulating large data loads and heavy traffic. The SAP AII Traffic Generator will help ensure your core services around RFID are solid before you take that unfamiliar step into new RFID hardware and interfaces. "

http://www.netweavermagazine.com/archive/Volume%2001%20(2005)/Issue%2001%20(Spring)/V1I1A5.cfm

with it's use you can

(from one of AII presentations):

- Create/modify/delete various “simulated” Device Controllers

- Create, record and send Device Controller messages to SAP AII

- Create, record and send Backend messages to SAP AII

Do a “stress test” with sending a big amount of data to SAP AII

- Replay recorded messages

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal!

Thanks for the link, I am extremely interesting in this. Do you know where this is available? Do we need to go through SAP, or is it available for download or purchase from them somewhere?

Thanks!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Even I am looking for the same information. Can you provide some info on the availability of the tool ? How do get the tool for AII stress testing. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Velu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I haven't seen this working (only on OKP RFID presentations)

I try to ask someone from SAP and update this thread

Regards,

michal