cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR created instead of PO - only some Vendors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi in classic scenario Purchase Reqs are being created instead of Purchase Orders in the backend. I have found that by transfering the Vendors across again via BBPGETVD this normally fixes the problem even though the Vendors already appear to exist in EBP which is strange???. However I now have a situation with some vendors where PR's are still being created despite the fact that I have re-transfered the Vendor across.

I can create a cart for some Vendors and a PO is created however with a different Vendor a req is being created - please can someone advise what on earth is going on ?

Kindest Regards

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Here is the logic to determine PR or PO.

Class: CL_BBP_SC_TRANSFER

Method: DETERMINE_BACKEND_OBJTYPES

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The creation of back end docs depend on whether any contract, Purchasing info record exist for the vendor or not.

If the shopping cart is complete with all the info. (assigned vendor, price etc) it will create a P.O otherwise it will create a P.R based on the settings made in SPRO in SRM

SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Cross Application basic settings > Define objects in back end system (P.Rs, P.Os, Reservations etc)

Hope this resolves your query. Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Teja,

The shopping cart is complete and the config settings SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Cross Application basic settings > Define objects in back end system (P.Rs, P.Os, Reservations etc) are all as they should be.

I can create PO's for carts raised by some Vendors but not others so it appears that the config is set up correctly as all Prod Categories are defined in the same way in SRM.

It must be something to do with the Vendor itself as when I test and guide a cart into the sourcing cockpit I can create a PO if I change the Vendor to one that I know works but it creates an 'error during determn of backend follow-on doc' for the vendor I originally selected and will not create a PO.

Kindest Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In the SPRO setting if you choose :

1. Always P.R to be created in the back end it will create P.R in R/3 from the shopping cart

2. Purchase order if item data complete otherwise P.R then if the vendor is assigned and the price is maintained it will create P.O otherwise it will create P.R

Creation of P.O / P.R in the back end is independent of the Vendor.

The P.O will only be created in the back end if either the contract / purchasing info record is assigned in the shopping cart.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teja,

This is how we have our settings.

Purchase order if item data complete otherwise P.R. A vendor and price are assigned as this is an item from the catalogue.

Some Vendors in our system if used allow carts to create PO's which is why I mentioned that so the Purchase Order if item data complete settings are working correctly.

This is why I posted the message all settings appear to be correct, Vendor, Price, unit of measure.

Kindest Regards

Paul