cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Data through planning query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a input enabled query, when executed it displays 'no data' instead of allowing me enter values. I couldn't find much info on sdn except one thread that advises to use either RSINPUT or 2 structures in the query.

Could you kindly let me know the best approach to enter initial planned data(dummy data).

FYI :

Using Version characteristic, planning and actual will be differentiated in my scenario.

I am using IP with BI 7.0

Thanks for your help and points will awarded upon helpful advise.

Regards

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basicly you need the "All possible Combination swtich on" in your input enable query. The idea is the same as in BPS.

e.g. for all your rows and column, you need to set to Master data or Characteristics Relationship in the Advance tab in the query builder . Be careful with the number of characteristics in rows or columns as the the conbination can be huge and it will slow down the query. Use relationship if there are specific rules to limit the number of combination, so not all the values from Master Data need to be generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny ,

Where do we switch on this feature ?

Cheers

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go through the property of all the infoobjects in both row and column, select Advanced, select Master data for Access Type for Result Values so all of them. This will give you all the combnination of MD values for all the objects in you rows and columns, even if there is no posted data in the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RSINPUT was used in BPS for creating initial records; am not very sure if it works for BI-IP but I think it should.

Where are you running your query, in analyser or in Web? In case your query is fit for displaying new input ready rows, they should automatically show in excel but in Web, you need to insert query in web template and specify how many input ready new rows you want. (check in the forum for threads on the reasons due to which input ready rows dont appear in queries).

Also, you can try marking in the properties of characteristics which are in rows, <i>master data</i> rather than <i>posted values</i>. See if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mayank. I am going to try and update the thread whatever the result is..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was told that we won't be using IP for planned data. We will be using for a different purpose to validate new values with existing ones. So it won't be necessary for me to enter planned data.

Regards

Shanthi