cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA in Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to Netweaver. I am having a Java background. Can anybody help me knowing in

which area I can work? I have read few documents of Netweaver available on sdn and

help.sap.com. But I am still confused that why do we need two different engines defined

in the diagrams explaining the SAP Netweaver architecture?

Rgd,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thanks for the suggestion. One last problem where can I download Netweaver from and are there any pre-requisite for installation of Netweaver.

Rgd,

Vikas

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

There are few system requirement for installation of SAP Netweaver. Have a look to the following post.

<b>Download Netweaver</b>:

<u>https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloadarea.sdn</u>

<b>System Requirement</b>:

<u> https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?node=linkFnode6-1&contenttype=url&content=https://</u>

I guess in the last post both of your question will be answered.

Regards

Pravesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

First of all welcome to SDN Network and now about your question.

<b>> I am having a Java background. Can anybody help me knowing in which area I can work?</b>

There are many fields you can work with. Java development is used in various components of SAP Netweaver. You can also look to the EP Content Development area on SDN if you are ineterested in Enterprise portal development using Java. Else Java programming is used in various different application development. There is Java development area in Netweaver Developer studio in Java perspective. You can also use J2ee perspective for making J2ee applications. There are Various API provided by SAP which you can use to interact with various components of Netweaver.

<b>> Why do we need two different engines defined in the diagrams explaining the SAP Netweaver architecture?</b>

I have once answered this question earlier. Please refer to the link:

<b>1) >

<b>2) >

There <i>Antonio</i> has also given good link Please refer to that as well. This will definately clear your doubts.

Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Pravesh.. I will read from the links you gave and will come back to you.

Rgd,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

I have read the links you have provided and they were really very helpful. I have been to web development projects in past years. So what can I work with in Netweaver? What all areas are there in Netweaver where things like web development can be done?

Rgd,

Vikas

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If you are interested in the things like web developement then you can work in <b>Web Dynpro </b>(used in UI development and provide a wonderful way of Web Development, Based on MVC architecture).

There is few more options. What you have to work on depends on you:

<b> 1) You can work in simple JSP and J2EE applications.</b>

<b> 2) Portal Project using HTMLB in JAVA (JSPDynPages). </b>

<b> 3) BSP(Business Server Pages), this interact with SAP system very effectively.</b>

You can do UI(User Interface) development using all these Option and use various techniques for integrating with backend R/3 system.

I think this will clear your doubts.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider awarding points if helpful.