cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advantages/disadvantages of different adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

i want to know about the advantages and disadvantages of using different adapters used in SAP XI.

Regards

Saras jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saras,

what i think is....u can compare adapters....only when u r having some alternatives in adpaters....as someone mentioned....

u have to use File adpater for picking file u cant use JDBC ..or any other adapter

similerly...when u need to get some data from Database u need to use JDBC adapter ..u cant use FILE....

whenever u need to send some data from any SAP system to XI u r having 3 options...u can use

1)proxy

2)RFC and

3)IDoc

so here u can compare the advantages and disadvantages...

proxy is better among those...u can implement proxy if WAS>=6.4...

see this weblog.Advantage of Proxy over RFC, IDOC

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

hope that helps u!!!

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,,, There is no advantage and disadvantage of adapterss but yes you can compared the functionalities of adapters of different EAI Tools like TIBCO , WebMethdo is a process which is called as product mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saras,

What ever santosh has mentioned it's right.

The adopter is specific for perticular scenario.

It will do the function accordingly.

May be you are asking about the disadvatages of adapters.

Every thing it's have some disadvanatages but we should not compare with one to another.

Thanks.

Madan.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saras,

Like you can compare XI and TIBCO( or Webmoethods....crossworlds..) both are Middleware tools...there we can compare boths features and hence can discuss abour ones advantages over others...as both are meant for same purpose..i.e INTEGRATION.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saras,

Advantages and disadvantages are relative terms....

Each adapter has some specific roles/features to play in integration...

Like in a particular scenario File adapter can't take place of JDBC adapter as they are meant for that particular purpose..

simply you can't compare different adapters..on advantages and disadvanstages basis..

Regards,