cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC adapter fails after sending it n number of transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our RFC adapter will fail after sending it n number of synchronous transactions. Whereas we can send it as many asynchronous as we want without a problem.

One thing that I have noticed is that you can actually control the number of transactions it will accept before failing by changing the RfcAdapter.fromXmb.poolsize setting in the configuration file. If I set it to 64 then I can send 64 transactions and it will fail on the 65th. If set to 32 then I can send 32 transactions and it will fail on the 33rd.

The RFC adapter appears to open a session for each message and then fails to free the resource since if you restart the RFC adapter you can then send the n number of transactions again.

The result is the same if the RfcAdapter.clientCloseConn setting is 0 (Reset Connection) or 1 (Close Connection), and yes the service is faster with the 0 setting, 25 transactions in 9 seconds when set to 0 and it takes 12 seconds when set to 1.

Our current settings for section four are as follows:

1. 4. SUBSECTION FOR REGISTRATION OF XMB OUTBOUND RFC SERVICE

2. (only one entry possible)

#

RfcAdapter.fromXmb.host=itr040

RfcAdapter.fromXmb.sysnr=00

RfcAdapter.fromXmb.progid=Xmb2RfcService

1. this value must be in sync with Program Id setting for AI_RFCADAPTER_JCOSERVER in SM59

RfcAdapter.fromXmb.poolsize=64

RfcAdapter.fromXmb.unicode=1

1. -> source system is Unicode installation (1) or not (0)

#RfcAdapter.fromXmb.trace=0

#

We also noticed that Aldo Hermann Fobbe and Stefan Kiene had this same issue and the posting said “ok, problem solved”. Can someone please tell ME how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have the same problem. Any ideas...

Thanks

Pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not yet figured this out. But thanks for brining it to the top of the list. My scenario is XML file >> file adapter >> XI >> SAP RFC and back. Since it appears to be leaving the sessions open, I am wondering if XI can only do synchronous messages from SAP >> XI >> SAP RFC and back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff

I am trying to set up an RFC adapter using the same scenario as you....

file adapter (local pc) -> XI -> RFC adapter (R/3 system).

For the RFC adapter do you need the adapter engine installed on the R/3 system as well as the XI server?

Thanks

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

No the RFC adpater runs as part of the adapter enginge set up on the same server as XI. You will need to have access and set up the prog id on the SAP Business system where the RFC resides.

Jeff V.

NMCS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any news about this topic? Does anyone have the solution?

Regards,

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we solved the problem by renaming the Service in the adapter Configuration. I think there is an internal problem with the name Xmb2RfcService.

Rename it to Xmb2RfcService2 and it works.

Best regards

Aldo Hermann Fobbe

Message was edited by: Aldo Hermann Fobbe

Message was edited by:

Aldo Hermann Fobbe