Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to PB42

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

anyone using Intermec terminals with a PB42 printer?

Up until now I have used a PL4 printer with no problems, but when I changed to PB42 I am not able to format the text properly (text size etc) when I am printing from my MI application. I do not know if this problem is related to the MI or the printer itself, probably a combination I think.

Regs

Øyvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again!

I have been looking around for some solutions for my question. Now I have found a release note for the PIPRINTPB42 driver which I think give some answers, https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012003146900000412582006E/PIPRINTPB42_ReleaseNote_v1_1_9.htm

It looks like I need this driver before I can use the PB42 printer. But the release note also list SAP Mobile Infrastructure version 2.5 SPS 19 as a necessary component. Today I am still using MI2.5 SP14.

Does it really mean that I am not able to use the printer before I upgrade MI or have I misunderstood something about this driver?

Regs

Øyvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try it - but I think it is necessary to use with SP19. On the other hand- to be honest - SAP has only tested it with SP19. So it is possible that it works with SP14 as well - give it a try. I am using a similar driver with SP19 - so I can not really help you with the lower version, but I would test it.

By the way, SP14 is really old - so upgrade will make sence anyway.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Regard,s

Oliver

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, then I will give it a try!

We are actually planning to upgrade soon, but we are having a little emergency with some new printers right now so I hope this helps.

Regs Øyvind

Answers (0)