cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage location to materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In my client place, users are not mentioning the storage location, while creating material master for a material.(assume that it was a raw material). While inwarding GR they are getting error message-- to assign the storage location for that material.

I have assigned several times like that.

Is it possible to throw error or warning message, while not entering the storage location?

One more thing for raw materials which is not planned for mrp, mrp views are not maintained. In that case if basic data, purchasing and accounting views are selected, in organisation views storage location will not appear. In that case what to do?

Please help to solve these.

V.Rengarajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rangarajan.

You can give storage location in the Bill of Materials in Item details screen, for the components.

This will solve your problem.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your statement, mentioning the str location while creating material master is the best one. So make this field as a mandatory thru configuration. It will solve your problem.

Regards,

Dharma vs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Venu!!

Pl understand, whenever you recieve any material, it count somewhere. And this is something very basic requirement of material master. So pl understand the logic first then you will automaticaly knwn to severity of storage location. Do as suggested in first reply (define storgae location in material master), surely it will help you.

cheers!!!

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the basic things,And entending the views and assigning everything. Its ok.

What i am asking is while creating material master, the storage location assignment to the material must be mandatory or system should give warning messege when it is not maintained.

I think now u can come to know the real thing.

V.Rengarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make str location field mandatory in material master thru configuration.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Dharma vs

Former Member
0 Kudos

dharma,

ok. can u explain in detail how to do this?

V.Rengarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding the storage location is not extended to this material.

please check

rajasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make default Views selection for every material type while creation

This will make them to enter the stor location

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If storage location is not maiontained in material master, while making GR igt will show a message " enter storage location". this is an error message. meaning with out entering the storage location you can not save the transaction.

If you are not planning the raw material for MRP , you have to maintain the storage views for that material .Unless you maintain these views you can not make any postings for that material.

If you want to maintain the storage views system will prompt you to input storage location.

Hope it is clear.

Regards

YMREDDY