cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM password error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to "Deploy New Archive and Run" a Web Dynpro application from NWDS. I get the following error when I entered the password for SDM.

Deployment exception : Server sapdev did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server sapdev at port 50018: sapdev

Inner exception was :

Server sapdev did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server sapdev at port 50018: sapdev

Any pointers on what might be wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

There are two possibilities behind this.

1. Check SDM is running or not. You can check it from J2EE Engine tab view in NWDS.

2. If SDM is running and shows green in J2ee Engine, then make an entry in "hosts" file at location <drive>:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/

Make following entry in the end of this file.

sapdev <Ip of this WAS server>

Also enter blank line at the end of the file.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavik,

The SDM is running. I can see the green light right next to it in NWDS. I changed the hosts file, exited NWDS and tried to "Deploy new archive and run" and got the same error.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavik,

You were correct about the host file. I had entered the incorrect ip address the first time. After I corrected that, the application deployed with out an error.

Thanks for your help.

Asheesh

Message was edited by: asheesh Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

I am getting the same error. I have added the entry in the 'Host' file as well.Any clues why this could be happening.

Anything to do with domains ?.Even I though adding the IP address should solve thsi problem.

Regards,

Muinul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mittal,

Check the following:

1.If another SDM is running or not.

2.Check if the port 50018 is not used by another service.

3.password rules on your network,are you abiding by the rule.

Rgs

vikas