cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regresssion testing and cut over activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP gurus ,

We are now at the end of the project can any one explain me in detail about regression testing and how to proceed (we already completed our integration test , is it same as integration testing)Whether all depts cycles come into picture.

Secondly what is cutover plan and how to list cutover activities.Though i have some idea but what r the proceeding steps towards this i dont know.

Points will awarded.

Thanks and Regards,

NITIN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitn,

Regression testing is carried out to check the impact of any system modification. It is not done during the implementation phase of a new system. So if you have done modifications in an existing system you need to to identify the processes that may be impacted by the changes.

A cutover plan is a detailed document where you list all the process that needs to be done in order to start using the new system. It should contain activities like data migration, communication to vendors/customer about system change, system black out if any, dates on which legacy will stop and date on which SAP ( new system) will start, activities needs to be done in legacy, last transaction day in lagacy, inventory conversion.

The list is very long and it should be exhaustive.

The cutover plan should identify each and every details of activities needs to be performed in new and legacy, physical activities and the respnsibility of executing the same and the most importantly dates on which each needs to be performed.

In my recent project, we had a cutover plan which had around 600 line items,a very detailed document. It also had one point like change the labels in the storage locations as per SAP names. If it is for Indian company, then you need to get the approval from the excise deptt for the no range for excise invoice. just two examples.

Regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Hi

1)You must know when is the go live date

2)Then discuss with the client when would be the cut off date, so that the client can stop generating the transaction data like production order , invoice, purchase order and etc from that cut off date to go live date and also client should close the open production orders, pur orders, invoices etc

3)During the cut off period , upload all the master data. In PP side BOM,Work center and Routing. Chekc wheather Production version is to be craeted

4)Then Check with other modeuls intergrated with PP about the uploaded status

5)Then Pls maintain the number range for all the Transactions for the following

MRP plant parameters( Like planned orders, dep req/reserva/Pur req)and Production order no.ranges for the production client

6)Cross check whether all requests are in place in Production from DEV-QA-PRD

Hoipe this will be useful