cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS Web Dynpro iviews - blank screen - missing iview properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many of our ESS/MSS iviews have stopped working and are just showing a blank screen. The ESS, MSS and Area Overview pages ARE working, but any of the links (e.g. Who's Who, Change Own Data, Record Working Time) just give a blank screen (no error message).

They were working, then I made some changes in the IMG (I added a couple of custom Services to one of the Area pages). All the links (other than the ones I had added) then stopped working - I thought the problem was as described in SAP note 808111 so I copied all the Resources "URL of PCD page" from client 000. The PCD page URLs are now in place and correct, however I am still getting blank screens.

I have tried previewing the actual WD iviews and they also give blank screens. When I look at the iview properties, there is no "Application Name" property and other Web Dynpro properties are missing too - that is to say, the actual parameter is missing completely, not just that the field is blank. I have seen one other person mention this on another thread but he did not have a solution ().

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane

I had more or less the same problem a while back, if you have EP 7 Check the following

System administration -> Support -> SAP WebAS information -> SAP WebAS information. Then check the “software component list” there should be.

- SAPPCUI_GP

- SAP_ESS

- SAP_MSS

- BP_ERP5MSS

- BP_ERP5ESS

Note they all should be on the same support pack level which is also indicated in the software component list.

You have to have the role super_admin_role to view this list.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied SAP note 939412 (permissions on BP folders) and it seems to have done the trick.

Jane

Answers (0)