cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division in SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is having single company and 3 units. How i can handle this situation in SAP Business One.

How chart of account can be created.

regards

Suresh S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

it is easy. You must use segmentation account feature in SAP B1. Take a look at for this explanation :

The accounts in SAP Business One can be subdivided into segments if you activate the account segmentation. A segment is built from the values of up to nine segment dimensions. The account code is therefore composed of the values for the following segment dimensions for example:

Region

Department

Division

Because this example uses only three segment dimensions, a segment can be pictured as a cube.

When using account segmentation, you do not just post to an account but also to a segment. By doing this, you classify the posting as belonging to a certain division (for example, Food), department (for example, Sales) and region (for example, North).

This is the procedure:

Procedure

1. Go to Administration --> System Initialization → Company Details.

2. Choose Basic Initialization tab --> Use Segmentation Accounts.

3. Choose Update to save the settings and OK to close the window.

4. Choose System Initialization --> General Settings.

5. Choose the Display tab and type in a separator character in Account Segment Separator. For example, a minus (–). Do not enter asterisk (*) or numbers.

6. Choose Update to save and OK to close the General Settings window.

7. From Administration, choose Definitions → Define Account Segmentation.

By default, there are four segments in the system. You can add up to 10 segments and change Name, Size, and Type for each segment.

8. Double-click a line to classify the segment.

A similar window appears, letting you categorize each segment according to your company classification.

9. For each classification, you define Code, Name, and a Short Name.

Note that the Code field is limited by the value you specified in Size for this segment.

For example, classify the Department segment according to the number of departments in your company; each department will receive a two-digit code.

let me know if you need more detail.

Rgds,

JM