Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Bullet Point in Smartforms

former_member1063151
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the case where the text for displaying contains bullet points, how do I display those bullet points? Currently, they are being replaced by # sign.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Cady

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are options to display the points as in outline levels. Create a paragraph format with outline level in SMARTSTYLES transaction and use the same for the points that needs to be displayed.

Numbers, characters can be displayed but i am not sure of bullets.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same issue. If i use SAP symbols at the beginning of the paragraph it appears as follows which is not correct. It should come as a list character. Kindly suggest

former_member1063151
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani,

If I remember correctly, I solved the problem by creating a style to display the bullets.

Cheers,

cady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cady,

You can create a Paragraph format for a <b>smartstyle</b> and In Numbering and Outline give numbering type as List Character with Character as <b>o</b> give the positioning also so that they are uniformly placed.Use this smartstyle in your smartform.

Thanks & Regards,

Vanita M.

former_member1063151
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

I am not trying to 'hardcode' the bullet points in the form. Situation is like this, the form display a bunch of text coming from a doc. And the text in this doc has bullet points in it, so I have to display the bullet points as well in the form (as in the preview and print out).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be reading the doc file, so u can read it in a table with just one column and have this smartstyle for that column.

Thanks & regards,

Vanita M.

former_member1063151
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

Could this be the character set that's being use does not contain a translation for bullet? I read about this from sap help but I am not sure if this is the problem.

Thanks.

Cady