cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Page Composer menu system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was reading a few blogs and some pdf docs on WPC. However, I noticed that my menu structure isn't the same as in the docs. I don't have items such as 'Banner', 'Feature', 'Article' etc.

I went into Sys Adm -> Sys Config -> KM -> Content Mngmnt -> Web Page Comp -> Containers and I see this error:

The following configuration objects have some invalid or problematic properties: "wpc_container_default_cell_A6", "wpc_container_default_cell_A5", "wpc_container_default_cell_B2", "wpc_container_default_main2", "wpc_container_default_cell_A3", "wpc_container_default_cell_C5", "wpc_container_default_cell_B4", "wpc_container_default_main3", "wpc_container_default_cell_B5", "wpc_container_default_cell_C2", "wpc_container_default_cell_B6", "wpc_container_default_cell_A1", "wpc_container_default_cell_C3", "wpc_container_default_cell_C4", "wpc_container_default_cell_A2", "wpc_container_default_cell_B3", "wpc_container_default_main1", "wpc_container_default_cell_C1", "wpc_container_default_cell_A4", "wpc_container_default_footer", "wpc_container_default_cell_C6", "wpc_container_default_cell_B1"

Can this be why I'm having these problems?

Can anyone please guide me to resolving this?

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All (Eric Heilers),

I was going through some blogs and tutorials on Web Page Composer and I noticed my menu layout does not match. I am missing key buttons in my layout; 'Publish', 'Assignment Admin', 'Preview', 'Refresh', 'Information', and 'Finish and Unlock'.

Eric I have tried the configuration options that you suggested. Still no joy. I have the latest patch SP 13 and downloaded WPC the latest release.

Any suggestions?

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was going through the configuration guide and it doesn't state anything about how to make all the missing stuff appear. Have I downloaded a bad version? Is anyone else facing this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi All (Eric Heilers),

>

> I was going through some blogs and tutorials on Web

> Page Composer and I noticed my menu layout does not

> match. I am missing key buttons in my layout;

> 'Publish', 'Assignment Admin', 'Preview', 'Refresh',

> 'Information', and 'Finish and Unlock'.

>

> Eric I have tried the configuration options that you

> suggested. Still no joy. I have the latest patch SP

> 13 and downloaded WPC the latest release.

>

> Any suggestions?

>

> Tony.

Are you talking about the buttons when you are editing a Web Page?

You should have all of those buttons only for a Web Page (other than Approval? I don't have that one either!).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Yes I am talking about those buttons during web page edit. I don't see any of the buttons I have listed out.

Any suggestions?

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gosh, sorry I do not. I have not dug too deep in trying to understand how that is configured (or if it is even configurable). Back when I had the ramp-up product, I played around with some of the config, but I did not really notice that I was changing anything.

Maybe try a reinstall, or send an OSS message?

Maybe include your WPC menu config in the OSS message?

Can you or your Basis team verify that all the portal components were successfully installed to SPS13?

Side question: Have you tried implementing any approval processing? I have not yet. Curious how it works, if it works differently from the normal KM approval processing.

Side question #2: What are your thoughts on the page rendering (styles)? Before I made a lot of changes to the stylesheets (and a few to the XSL), I was not happy with the styles at all. The text sizes for the Teasers and Link Lists were huge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found out why that error was occuring, and resolved it, it was because the default containers from SP12 were still there, when we went to SP13 all I had to to is delete them. But I still dont have the full menu structure.

Again, any insight into this issue is appreciated.

Thanks

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I can help.

Navigate to System Admin --> System Config --> Knowledge Management --> Content Management --> Web Page Composer --> Web Content Types --> Web Resource Type.

For each "type" (Article, Banner, Teaser, etc), you need to edit the Allowed RIDs property.

With SP13, there should already be an entry for "/wpccontent/Cross-Site Content/**". I think that is all.

I added ",*/Site Content/*" to that value. Now I get that resource type for any website and under any folder within "Site Content".

You may not want such a wide-open setting.

Does this help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I'm just curious to as why isnt this made clear in any of the guides or documentation on SAP help? What I'm trying to do is add our intranet pages inside the portal, can this simply be done with what is standard out of the box? Is there any other documentation out there which explains how to set the configuration and what other options are available to me (as you mentioned something about a wide open setting that I might not want)??

Thanks,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry questions keep coming as I'm making new discoveries.

How do I access the design time and runtime modes?

And

Why am I only seeing the 'New' menu and not also the 'Selection' and 'Search' menus?

Thanks

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> Sorry questions keep coming as I'm making new

> discoveries.

>

> How do I access the design time and runtime modes?

>

> And

>

> Why am I only seeing the 'New' menu and not also the

> 'Selection' and 'Search' menus?

>

> Thanks

>

> Tony.

That is odd. I see New and Search, but not Selection.

I have not made any mods to the menus, so I am not sure why yours would be different.