cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added a Msater data feild in DSO to get a couple of navigational attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added a Master data field into a DSO (0MATERIAL_PLANT) and then checked couple of attributes as navigational attributes in the DSO data model. I activated the DSO and when I ran the query on this DSO I am getting "#" in the result set for these two new navigational attributes. I don't want to reload the whole DSO again to get these two values. Can someone tell me if I am missing something.

Thanks,

PV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to assign points but I am not seeing the radio buttons.

Message was edited by:

PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops I forgot to assign points to all of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I took the safe route and just reloading the data from PSA into DSO. Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. I will assign points to all of you.

Regards,

PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As tripple said in the previous post u can use the same ods as a source and load the data to same ods... Any way those 2 info objects are navigational attribues and the ods has the overwrite functionality...... Depending on the same key fields it will goes and overwrites........

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your responses. Does the loop back exporting of datasource works in BI70. We are currently in BI70. Also I have seen reconstruction tab in the manage section of DSO. If so, can you please send some steps on how to do it.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can you find data for the navigatonal attr - when there is no data for the main IO (0MATERIAL_PLANT) in the DSO. You would need to reload data in the DSO to get the 0MATERIAL_PLANT populated. So that when you run a query, the system can pick up the attr of the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Voodi. Sorry, I guess I didn't phrase my question correctly. My question was is there any other alternate way to get the data because I am not sure with the amount of data in the DSO in production, I am not sure if it's viable to reload the whole DSO again.

Thanks,

PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you on 7.0, if yes try the Remodelling Tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there is no way but to reload data to get historical data for the newly added field.

Remodelling Tool - is not available for DSO yet. its only applicable to cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear

There is one possibility if you can derive your 2 added attribute value from already loaded master data. If it is the case then create a export data source on your ODS, create update rule and assign to export data source...so its a loop process where source and target are same. Now in update rule you can write a routine which will populate the values from existing master data values.

There is no other way. Last option is to delete the data and reload again.

Thanks

Tripple k