cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW AS porting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have an Application Server (SAP BW 3.1c) on AIX (p570) 5.2 and the DB Server DB2 on z/os (z990). We have created a new partition on p570 and in it we have installed AIX 5.3. Now we want to transfer in it the SAP BW 3.1C Application Server which is on previous partition with AIX 5.2. How can we proceed? Is it possible to proceed with the copy of all filesystems of AIX 5.2 partition?

Best regards,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Your question is not clear,

Do you want to transfer the application server (SAP BW 3.1) running on AIX 5.2 to the new partition running on AIX 5.3? or upgrade AIX 5.2 to 5.3?

Please explain.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisch,

sorry for the small clearness. I want to transfer the Central Instance (SAP BW 3.1c) running on AIX 5.2 to new partition running on AIX 5.3.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

As its only the application server that your are trying to move, I believe copying the application server (kernel) files (/usr/sap/<SID>, /sapmnt/<SID> and mount /usr/sap/trans) across to the new partition and changing the hostname of the new partition to the old one should be sufficient.

Also, database connectivity has to be taken care of, I am not familier with DB2 setup.

Do you have a test partition to do test this activity?

You can also upgrade the 1st partition from AIX 5.2 to 5.3, if the goal to run SAP application server on AIX 5.3.

Cheers,

Nisch