cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal separator problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with decimal separators. I'm using xMII 12.0.1, Oracle 10g and as JDBC driver, ojdbc14.

I have the following problem:

A insert query that runs on my oracle and uses decimals(running with PL SQL Developer), does not run in xMII. And the opposite is truth too.

I would like to know if is possible to change this conf in xMII, b/c I tried to change the NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS and got the same error.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro Sena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you said opposite is true - meant, you get an error with PL SQL Developer as well?

If you can post the exact error that might help doing some more research.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

When I say that the opposite is true, I mean that when I write a sql statement that works in xMII(and works with decimal conversion), the same statement doesn't work in PL SQL Developer.

I always got an invalid number error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the default format for the column that you are trying to insert this value into?

It would help if you can post your SQL statements that are resulting in this error.

0 Kudos

Pedro,

What is the ORA code in the error message, you should find it in the xMII General Log.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I was having a "Invalid Number error".

I made a function that "solves" the problem, this function does not work in pl sql, but works on xMII. Converts the varchar column to decimal with the precision that I need and works properly in xMII.

It's not the best solution of course, but "solved" the problem.

Thanks